Franklin University is proud to offer the 2013-14 Financial Planning Speaker Series, open to all faculty, staff, students, and alumni, as well as the greater Columbus community. Our goal is to help you build on your basic financial wellness and start to explore future planning topics for the next stages of your life. Please join us as we host a wide range of financial experts throughout the coming months; workshop topics are listed below.
These sessions will be held onsite in Phillips Hall 220 from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM, and simultaneously shared online via FranklinLive! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 - Choosing the Right Insurance for Every Stage of Your Life
- Erin Gaeta-Mentel of Mental Financial Services, LLC, will explain what types of insurance are most appropriate for where you’re at in life: from launching out as a young adult, to raising a family, to enjoying the retirement years. Learn how to get the best bang for your insurance dollars by buying the right mix and coverage amount, and avoiding coverage you don’t need. Types of insurance explored will include health, life, auto, homeowner’s, renter’s, disability and long-term care.
- Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 - Investment Strategy
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 - Year End Income Tax Planning
- Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 – Debt Management and Budgeting
- Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 – Retirement Planning