The U.S. Department of State has launched the Veterans Innovation Partnership (VIP), a new public-private alliance platform aimed at serving America’s Veterans and separating Servicemembers by preparing them for diplomacy and development careers, providing education and employment resources and expertise while enhancing America’s global leadership.
They are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2014 class of VIP Fellows. The main focus of VIP is to build and deploy strategic partnerships between the U.S. government and the U.S. private sector to mobilize resources and build networks to promote foreign affairs career opportunities for Veterans.
The VIP fellowship will include the following components:
• Full-time employment beginning in Fall 2014 and lasting for one year
• Responsibilities and compensation commensurate with a Master’s degree
• Mentoring and professional development opportunities throughout the year
VIP fellowships are only open to Veterans who:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s degree program in the preferred fields of International Business, International Relations / Affairs, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related fields (this includes MPA, MPH, MPP, MBA, and JD degrees).
- Completed a Master’s degree in the preferred or related fields listed above less than two years prior to applying for the fellowship (except for Veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, they will have up to six years after degree completion to apply).
- Are able to obtain a Secret Level security clearance.
- Provide a resume. Use your resume to highlight your education, expertise, achievements and honors, extracurricular activities / community service, and any leadership experience. The resume should not exceed two pages.
- Criteria include outstanding leadership and life experience, as well as excellence in academic, cross-cultural and communication skills.
- To be considered, an applicant’s cumulative GPA for the Master’s degree should be 3.2 or above on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be a VIP Fellow, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to funding and further arrangements, the application deadline is currently September 15, 2014, with participants beginning their fellowship in Fall 2014.
Please refer to www.vipfellowship.org and @vipfellowship for further information and updates.