Estimated Annual Expenses

The Department of Homeland Security/ U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services require that prospective international (F-1) students and their dependents have sufficient funds to cover educational and living expenses for the duration of studies in the United States.

You will have to submit proof of financial support for several reasons. Newly admitted students need to show proof of financial support in order to be issued an I-20 to apply for a visa and enter the United States. Currently enrolled students need to show proof of financial support when:

  • changing a program study (change of major or change of degree level),
  • extending a program of study,
  • requesting an I-20 for dependents,
  • applying for reinstatement

OISP sets minimum financial requirements based on the University’s tuition rates and estimated living expenses. Annual expenses assume 2 trimesters of full-time enrollment and 12 months of living expenses, including health insurance. F-1 applicants with dependents applying for F-2 visa and/or immigration status must, also, demonstrate sufficient funding for all dependents. Dependent expenses assume 12 months of living expenses, including insurance. Financial minimums are listed on our Financial Sponsorship Form.

Skip to toolbar