Welcome newly accepted Franklin Student
Congratulations on your acceptance to Franklin University. We are humbled by your choice to attend our university and eager to help guide you through the next part of your journey. Please carefully review the following steps which are necessary for your success in this new adventure! You will receive information from OISP with detailed instructions once you are accepted.
The following pages will help you prepare for your studies at Franklin University. Please click the links and read the pages carefully. Let us know if you are missing anything or if you have any questions.
- Purpose of F-1 visa
- Financial Responsibilities
- Get a visa
- Tips for successful interview
- International Student Orientation
- Home Stay
- Placement Testing
- Columbus, Ohio
CHECKLIST TO START YOUR CLASSES AT FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY
- Read about the purpose of a F-1 visa and get familiar with the laws/regulations in the United States here.
- Decide if you have enough funding to study in the United States. Keep in mind, work authorizations are very limited. You can find more information about your financial responsibilities.
Obtaining your F-1 visa (Already in the US? Skip to the next section)
- View helpful information provided by the US government and at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/start-here.
- Submit the information required to generate and ship your I-20 using the links provided in your acceptance notifications.
- Pay your SEVIS (I-901) fee. To pay your SEVIS fee, you will need Franklin University’s school code (CLE214F10336000) and your SEVIS ID number, which is available after your I-20 is generated.
- Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) at Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160).
- Schedule your visa interview. Find the nearest embassy or consulate at http://usembassy.state.gov/.
- Review our tips for a successful visa interview here.
Arriving at Franklin University
- Start planning your arrival! Plan to arrive in time for orientation; the orientation schedule is available here.
- Report to OISP when you arrive by submitting the Check-In Form using the link provided in your acceptance notifications. If you are an F-1 student at another school, review information about transferring your SEVIS record at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/instructions-for-transferring-to-another-school-as-an-f-1-student, and notify the international student advisor at your current school that you will be attending Franklin University.
- Call +1.614.797.4700 to schedule an appointment with OISP to plan your first classes. Some students may need to take placement tests before registering for classes. If you are in another immigration status, such as H-1B, H-4, B-1/B-2, or J-1, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with OISP to discuss your immigration status requirements and options before registering for your first classes.
- Register for OISP’s orientation for new international students at the link provided in your acceptance notifications.
- Arrange to pay for your first classes through our Business Office; learn more at http://www.franklin.edu/student-services/business-office.
- Attend international student orientation.
- Complete the online new student orientation in BlueQuill (our Learning Management System).
- Begin preparing for your first classes by ordering textbooks at http://franklin.bncollege.com and by logging into myFranklin.
- Call +1.614.797.4700 and schedule a strong start appointment with your academic advisor. Your registration statement will show you the name of your academic advisor.