Welcome newly accepted Franklin Student
Congratulations on your acceptance to Franklin University. We are humbled by your choice to attend our university and eager to help guide you through the next part of your journey. Please carefully review the following steps which are necessary for your success in this new adventure! You will receive information from OISP with detailed instructions once you are accepted.
Obtaining your F-1 visa (Already in the US? Skip to the next section!)
- View helpful information provided by the US government at http://bit.ly/YouTubeF1 and at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/start-here.
- Submit the information required to generate and ship your I-20 using the links provided in your acceptance notifications.
- Pay your SEVIS (I-901) fee at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901. To pay your SEVIS fee, you will need Franklin University’s school code (CLE214F10336000) and your SEVIS ID number, which is available after your I-20 is generated.
- Complete the Online Non-immigrant Visa Application (DS-160) at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
- Schedule your visa interview. Find the nearest embassy or consulate at http://usembassy.state.gov/.
- Review our tips for a successful visa interview on OISP’s blog at http://engage.franklin.edu/oisp/newstudents/visa-2/tips-for-a-successful-interview/.
Arriving at Franklin University
- Start planning your arrival! Helpful information is available here. Plan to arrive in time for orientation; the orientation schedule is available here.
- Report to OISP when you arrive by submitting the Check-In Form using the link provided in your acceptance notifications. If you are an F-1 student at another school, review information about transferring your SEVIS record at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/instructions-for-transferring-to-another-school-as-an-f-1-student, and notify the international student advisor at your current school that you will be attending Franklin University.
- Call +1.614.797.4700 to schedule an appointment with OISP to plan your first classes. Some students may need to take placement tests before registering for classes. If you are in another immigration status, such as H-1B, H-4, B-1/B-2, or J-1, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with OISP to discuss your immigration status requirements and options before registering for your first classes.
- Register for OISP’s orientation for new international students at the link provided in your acceptance notifications.
- Arrange to pay for your first classes through our Business Office; learn more at http://www.franklin.edu/student-services/business-office.
- Attend international student orientation.
- Begin classes!