All potential adjunct faculty members should work directly with their HR Adjunct Coordinator, Megan Weikel, to ensure that the following steps are taking place if they are in the process of being hired.
Prior to or while you are participating in the Franklin University onboarding seminar OOTE200 be sure to:
1. Send Franklin HR your application and CV/resume.
2. Request official transcripts from all colleges/universities that have granted you degrees. Please request that transcripts be sent directly to Franklin electronically at email@example.com OR (if your schools do not offer this delivery method), please request that official transcripts be mailed to the following address:
Attn: Human Resources
201 S. Grant Avenue
Columbus, OH 43215
*Due to accreditation requirements, we cannot accept student copies or photocopies of transcripts. Official transcripts for all degrees must be sent directly to Franklin University from the conferring institution(s).
Once you have successfully completed OOTE200:
3. Ensure that you have received and reviewed the Hiring Requirements with Employee Handbook and Adjunct Handbook from your HR Adjunct Coordinator. – If not, contact Megan Weikel.
4. Ensure that you have received a welcome packet which includes the following documents
|Welcome Packet Contents|
|Offer Letter||Adjunct Benefits||Campus Contact & Maps|
|Sexual Harassment Training Info.||Help Desk Info.||Campus Security Policies|
|Zimbra Web Client information||Parking policy||Microsoft Office 2007 info.|
|Holiday schedule||Adjunct opportunities brochure||Paperwork instructions|
|I-9 form & Instructions||EEO & W-4 forms||State tax forms|
|Direct Deposit form||Parking form||Employ info. form|
|Photo release||Confidentiality Agreement||Handbook acknowledgement|
|General release form||Disclosure & Release form||Ethics form|
5. Receive request and complete background check.
6. Ensure HR has enrolled you in the online Sexual Harassment training and that you have received the link to complete it (you have two weeks to complete the training).
7. Complete all required paperwork and submit to HR in person or by mail.
Please note: In order to complete the hiring process, applicants MUST:
- Complete and pass a background check
- Complete the online sexual harassment training
- Complete all employee paperwork
- Request all transcripts
Once HR has verified that an applicant has completed each of these items, the applicant’s name and information is released to the registrar’s office and entered into the university’s course system. This completes the process of Adjunct Hiring.
Adjunct Faculty Employment Resources
Use the resource website for:
- Access to the HR Portal with 24/7 access to HR and payroll services
- Current payroll schedule
- Contacts for adjunct coordinator and academic assistants
- Benefits for Adjuncts
- Forms including travel reimbursement/expenses, tuition waiver forms, etc.
- University contacts